What information we collect and how it’s used
- Information you voluntarily submit to this Website. We may collect personal information from you such as your name, email address or other information. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to this Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information we collect from others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically collected information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use this Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed this Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using this Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser when you use the internet and this Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on this Website.
How your information will be used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each e-mail promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure any advertising on this Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, this Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of this Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. This Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at this Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you leave a comment on this Website, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies by this Website by using a corresponding setting on your internet browser and may therefore permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an internet browser or by using other software programs. This is possible in all popular internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
You can read information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox)
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera)
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari)
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge)
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative affect on the functions of many websites, including this Website. Some features of this Website may cease to be available to you.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing.
Affiliate program participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
This Website may be and/or has been an affiliate of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, this Website will post customized links and banners, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On this Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Additional rights of EEA (European Economic Area) residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- Access your personal data
- Insure the accuracy of your personal data
- Have us delete your personal data
- Restrict further processing of your personal data
- Complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following cocot[at]shinybutter[dot]com.
Sensitive personal information