Summer time is party time
Not that I have any say in what season it is, but once summer arrives, let me just welcome you to my favorite time of year.
Because summer always has me feeling the love.
Warm, sunny weather puts everyone in a party mood, no doubt about that—winter is all but forgotten and the fickleness of spring has settled down.
Even people whose lives don’t revolve around the school year feel the difference when summer comes around.
So allow me to share some of my favorite things about my favorite season, plus a few things I don’t really love.
Then it’s your turn.
These are some things I love
- Alllll that daylight. People can go ahead and bitch about the unnaturalness of daylight savings time, but I love me some 9 p.m. daylight.
- Porch sittin’.
- No socks.
- No carpool.
- Sleeping past six.
- Less laundry. (Again, all those damned socks in the winter.)
- Lightning bugs.
- The smell of Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.
- Spending all day at the beach…
- Then pointing my chair west at dusk because being on the beach as the sun sets is truly glorious.
- Outdoor showers.
- Summer tomatoes. (And tomato sandwiches, ahhh.)
- Putting ice in my dry red wine.
- The sight of half the town standing around in the Dairy Queen parking lot.
And a few things I could very well do without—
- Sweating over my morning cup of Earl Grey, because even though I live in a very warm climate, I still want my tea in the morning. The A/C makes little difference ’round these parts.
- Those tiny sugar ants in the kitchen. Every summer I think I’ve got them beat, and every summer they prove me very, very wrong.
- And speaking of ants: fire ants. Good lort, if you’ve never experienced fire ants, just say a prayer of thanks right this second. And brace yourself if you ever move to the sub-tropics.
- Flies. I never see them come in, yet there they are.
- When the Piggly Wiggly cranks their A/C down to freezing.
So enough about my druthers—how do you feel about summer?
Ready to move to Norway till fall?
Rather live in Australia where it’s winter when we’re having summer?
Hey, cool cat, get the FREE Feel-Good-in-a-Crazy-World Starter Guide
You deserve the fabulous Shiny Butter email updates PLUS I'm sending you the free "Feel-Good-in-a-Crazy-World Starter Guide." YUP!